Thursday, March 24, 2011

Be strong

2 weeks into SF..

"Melvin, these are impressive datas!"
"Wow, I am impressed. Melvin gotten some highly valuable data for us."
"You came at the right time with the right technology."

"You are the first singaporean I met and I am impressed."
"You managed to get the same accurate spot all the time."

"Everyone is excited to have you here!"

------

"Melvin, I was most touched when you started thanking all your ex-leaders."
"You remembered all that!? Wow, you really impacted everyone."
"I always sit up when you are about to speak. It is always good to hear you speak."

-------

I am surrounded by some of the smartest brains in the world.
Surprisingly, I miss home more than ever before.

I miss those who went war with me.
I miss those who went missions with me.
I miss those who were carrying chairs with me.
I miss those who were wishing stars with me.

My angel has been the sweetest.
It was really tough over here. She comforted me every morning by telling me her day.
I love hearing her and being close to her.
It has been rainstorming here everyday and I drove every morning alone in this weather.
And after work, I am all alone in the compound and all the shops are all closed.
Having my meals all alone everyday at some crummy eatery is not fun.

I get a lot of praises and assurance here.
Even I myself am surprised by His Grace towards me.

"It is impressive, Melvin."
"Oh my god. did it work? You mean, at first shot? Wow... that's blasting."
"I saw all the results. They are fantastic! I am so happy that you manage those results."
"I am so relieved! You know, this split second decision makes a huge difference. As i said in my letter to MinDef, you are the best one we can have over there."

These are the exact emails and msgs from my boss.
I am thankful that God has been sustaining me over here.

The Joy of Lord shall be my strength.
I share this revelation with LV.
I may be alone.
But His Presence outshines the loneliness I have here.

It's time to smile in the rain again.
Be strong.

1 comment:

  1. This entry reminded me of my first few weeks here in Singapore when I was all alone, trying to adapt in the strange surrounding, wondering why is it so hard when Malaysia and Singapore are so similar, going to a mega-church all alone,sitting at the chair,looking at all the people but none I know and coming back wondering why church isn't the same as the one I attended back home. All the whys and hows and hoping that GOD will answer all of them at once.

    Guess, u r undergoing something similar, just that you are in a country with really different culture.

    Stay strong Melvin, GOD is with you! And of course, US!

    ANNA

    ReplyDelete