Tuesday, March 15, 2011

a heart, an open one.

a heart, an open one.

Mar. 15th, 2011 at 9:37 PM

This post is dedicated to a friend, a mentor and a leader. Despite being under your leadership for barely under a year, I must say, you have impacted me in ways I myself do not understand. Perhaps in the beginning, I did not see things from your perspective, I did not understand the value of being in your fellowship. However I know that now. Or rather, have known for the recent part of the last few months. It is really interesting I must say, because in the beginning, I was skeptical, I was hesitant. This is something that cannot be avoided, something that comes with change. Transition periods are never easy. Some people transit through them fast, other longer. I must say I joined the latter.

However, your quirky and fun-loving nature won me over ( i don't mean this in a bad way, on the contrary it is something good!). I look forward to hearing you preach on friday nights, I enjoy sitting together with you during fellowship. Times and places whereby I stumble upon insightful wisdom, wisdom from you.

2 years is not a short period of time, albeit one that will pass quickly enough in due season. We will all miss your presence, I will miss your presence during our fridays and saturdays. Hearing one of your many stories always brings a smile to our faces, a thought embedded in our minds. I am already looking forward to your return from San Francisco in two months' time, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Melvin, you have made a difference in my life, and in the lives of many others. You have brought laughter, you have brought tears. Your sacrifices are one to be admired, one that not many are willing to give up. They say that the only constant in life is change. I say that you have constantly brought change into my life.

Thank you.

http://shaunisaac.livejournal.com/38554.html

No comments:

Post a Comment