Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The only thing that was moving, was me.

Looking back at some of my crappy handphone pictures, I suddenly realized something was very consistent.

When I wanted to take landscapes, my camera had no wide angle.
When I wanted to take closeups, my camera had no zoom feature.
When I wanted to take bokehs, my camera had no leeway aperture.
When I wanted to take low lights, my camera had no exposure compensation.

But everyone loved the pictures.
Some even won competitions.

The only thing that was moving, was me.

What I can get out of a landscape, I grab.
What I can get out of a closeup, I move in.
What I can get out of a bokeh, I tilted.
What I can get out of a low light, I find light.

"I" compensated what will be lacking in my pictures.
Out of the limitations, come a new thing. - cranberries_empty

The item in my hand didn't change. I changed.
If the miracle in my hand didn't change. It will still be me that changed.

The only compensation for any miracle is the one exposed to that miracle.
Even if the item in my hand didn't change.
I am exposed to it.
I change.

No comments:

Post a Comment