Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rugged Tree

"Melvin is strong. I still see you continue doing what you do."

"You are the most encouraging person I know!"

"You are the kind of leader I want to emulate. I have never seen anyone do that! Your words mean something to me and my friends."

"Melvin, I love you."

"You saved me."

"Thank you for all those revelations."

_____________________________________________________

I think I live in fallacy.
Everyone seemed to have moved on and leave me.
Hurts have been done. But I trudge on.
I am not a happy trooper that everyone thought.

My hands have blisters from the Rugged Tree that saved my life.

And all they ask of me..
minister, minister, minister..
Asking me "what can I do?"

It's been so long someone asked me, "how are you?"
No one put spit-mud on my tearful eyes.

Last night, I heard a beautiful voice say, "passion of God will be a voice for the people."
I heard "you preached out of a broken heart".

That meant a lot to me.
Telling me "how long and how far".

Maybe.. Just maybe..
This is my Rugged Tree..
My calling has gotten me this far end.

Going where no one goes.
Loving where no one loves.
Giving where no one gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment