Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Why is he so sheepish?"

Went to watch Ip Man 2.
Was curious about what YL said about the scene of him losing his school venue.

I saw how he asked his students to put all the wooden stacks into his own house.
And how he sheepishly kept smiling.
I teared.
Immediately I understood what he was feeling.

It was pure rejection.
It is a feeling of all odds against him.
I've been there.
And I'm still there.

I remembered saying exactly the same words.
"It's ok."
"See you tomorrow."
It isn't about tomorrow.
Just give something to look forward tomorrow.

It wasn't like others described him as a man of virtue and honor.
It is not at all.
It is a man who faced extreme rejection and failures.
That is why he waved it all off.
So that others wouldn't know.
I feel the most for this part..
When everything is going against you.

He was able to keep smiling because he wasn't blaming anyone.
These are not foolish things.
These are strong desires.
They are not denial.
They are persistence.

I was so amazed.
Because in the end, he said exactly the same thing in my heart.
"It is not about Chinese being better than Western Martial Arts."
It is not about defending an honor.
It is about Integrity in the end.
Again, Integrity.
No one's integrity should be lower than anyone else.

Ip Man is a case of rejection.
Extreme rejection.

Most people wouldn't understand the ending until they have been through the same distance.
Which is why they will say..

"Why is he so sheepish?"

Dear you, it wasn't a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment