Thursday, June 3, 2010

FIght sparingly.

Silver linings belong to the less dense.

Last night, I had a 2-hour chat at a carpark.

"If I were the one, I would have close this door and move on."

I smiled.

How many times I have heard that.
And immediately I know, there is really a lack in this place.
A lack of frontline fighters.

How many people have told me to let go.

Letting go of let-downs is always the sensible thing to do.
Because hurts are illogical.

I feel a little sadden that everyone has become selfish.

Maybe this is age.
A gathering of dense wisdom.
But lacking in reflection.
Reflecting the light for hope.
The frontline.
You won't find the dense there.


Amos 5:18
[ Time to Face Hard Reality, Not Fantasy ] Woe to all of you who want God's Judgment Day! Why would you want to see God, want him to come? When God comes, it will be bad news before it's good news, the worst of times, not the best of times. Here's what it's like: A man runs from a lion right into the jaws of a bear. A woman goes home after a hard day's work and is raped by a neighbor. At God's coming we face hard reality, not fantasy— a black cloud with no silver lining.

A black cloud is when there is nothing worth fighting.

I asked back.

"Then I would have not fought for many in the past.
Including you."

Silence. He got it.

Because now the hurt has been turned logical.
The reasons to This Is A Fight.
I fought battles.
Not as much as many before me.
But at least I fought.

I can only say.
I chose to fight.
Even when there are really not many fighters.

But me and my house.
I will serve the Lord.

Fight sparingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment