Monday, July 26, 2010

"God loves the most unlikely choice."

"It was one of the most amazing discipleships I ever had. Something happened. Whatever you preached before, there was continuation. That was so amazing. i was blown away."

"Hey melvin! I just came from a mission trip. Really enjoyed myself. I realized that our mission team was really filled with people that are so willing and ready to serve! Under your leadership, though we are all stretched them, but at least we felt so contented and a strong sense of fulfillment and satisfaction."

"Love all your messages, your goofy jokes, and you just being you."

"You are a treasure to me, Melvin."

________________________________

Tomo practiced to become a concert violinist; he started to play when he was 3 years old until he turned 19. Then he discovered heavy metal. He told his father that he wanted to play the guitar, so they made one together. His uncle, Željko "Bill" Miličević, is a virtuoso violinist and orchestra teacher at Farmington High School in Farmington, Michigan and he has got the Ph.D. Tomo has been playing guitar professionally for years. He started writing his own music by the age of 17.

He went to culinary school and finally graduated as an executive and pastry chef, but music stayed his true passion.

He decided then to definitively leave the music business and to sell all his instruments. It is at that time that Shannon Leto, told him about an audition for 30 Seconds to Mars, because Solon Bixler left the band. Tomo was already one of their biggest fans since the beginning. He was selected amongst 200 musicians, first for his talent, but also for his kindness and personality. Five days later, February 3, 2003, he played with Jared Leto, Shannon Leto and Matt Wachter on the The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn.
_________________________________

The first time I ever went up on a stage to lead.
YL just handed me a guitar and said, "Mel, go up and lead."

I had a heart attack that day. I was caught unaware.

When I went up that stage, I saw an unfamiliar crowd and sang.
YL told me, "I know you could do it. Because you have it on the inside. I believe you can do it."

Years now, I went up on that same stage. Still the same unfamiliar crowd.

"Melvin, that was awesome!!!"
"Mel, that second song.. it blew me away!"
"That presence of God was so strong. You were amazing."

The moment you choose to fight. It comes with a price.
"But out of this, them who have been hurt or affected are still in contact with their salvation and stay on."

"Melvin, what was your revelation to fight on despite of it all?"

"God loves the most unlikely choice."

The introduction for the week:
"Melvin is a very conservative leader!"

lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment