Thursday, July 1, 2010

This is how I see you and me and everyone

Song facts about Iris..

1- Lead singer Johnny Rzeznik wrote this. He had a terrible case of writer's block before coming up with this. He even went to a psychiatrist for help.

2- This is about a person with an invisible identity who no one understands. Then, he finds true love. He wants his true love to know that he exists and that she is the only person in the world who can understand and love him - hence the last line, "I just want you to know who I am." The title means this is how I see you and me and everyone.

3- The name "Iris" was inspired by a Country singer named Iris DeMent, whose name Rzeznik came across while reading a magazine. This was confirmed in a 1999 interview with Goo's bass player Robbie Takac in Addicted To Noise.

4- This was nominated for Grammys in the categories Song Of The Year, Record Of The Near, and Best Pop Performance By Duo Or Group.

It didn't win any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment